Sometimes putting a filling in a dough can be tricky if you are a beginner. There are tricks and techniques to do it fast and easy, but if you ask me, the best tip is to practice doing it.
When i was in Purefood's, the Corned Beef filling was cooked before the bakers leave the lab, placed on large baking sheets and then frozen. They will be scored and cut in the morning and used to fill the Cracked Corned Beef Pan de Sal which was sold in Shell gas stations before. Pan de Sals that did not crack will be sold at P8.00each, and the cracked ones at P12.00
Freezing the filling is just one trick especially if the filling is oily. I use a tad bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce making it a bit tight.
The filling should be placed in the center and sealed tight.
The seal is at the bottom, always at the bottom when placed on a greased baking sheet.
My prayers for the Manilans experiencing heavy rains today. I feel so sad, all my gadgets and tools for baking and cake decorating are stored in my room which went under Ondoy last 2009. Gosh, if things got worst, they will be another casualty in the making, i just hope there will be no lives lost. I guess okay lang mga gamit, as long as they are safe.
www.breadmakinglessons.com
For hands on baking lessons and eBook on Breads/How to set up a Bakery, click the link above.
This is an email from Jorge Garcia, he just downloaded a copy of the ebook last week and he already made his first pandesal. To you Jorge, wait till you try the other breads, i recommend the monay which is my all time personal favorite indulgence, meaning, when i want to pig out and stuff breads in my mouth with just plain coffee while i watch tv. No palaman just plain monay. After reading the ebook for 3 times, you will be able to learn more of the techniques and procedures. I am happy for you. Hi Sher, OMG, almost perfect on the first try ! Thank you! I read your ebooks (twice) over the long weekend and tried to absorb as much as I can. Although I encountered some of the concepts in my research your ebooks were amazingly informative. I read about the idea of poolish and biga before but was not paying attention to them because all the recipes I found for pandesal did not use them. When you advised that I make a sponge overnight and menti...
Comments