Shaping the baguette is easy once you get the hang of it. Unlike most bakers who use tons of flour on the board during shaping, i use nada, zip, as in nothing. I hate using flour because it adds flour that has no flavor to the dough, and makes it heavy in the process.
Relaxing the dough for at least 10 minutes will make them easily pliable. Doughs are like people too, they feel unhappy when forced to do something they are not up to.
Proof start at this size.
Glazing
Voila! Notice the size difference? Yum!
For hands on baking classes, which includes a lesson on French Breads of course, go to www.breadmakinglessons.com
This is an email from Jorge Garcia, he just downloaded a copy of the ebook last week and he already made his first pandesal. To you Jorge, wait till you try the other breads, i recommend the monay which is my all time personal favorite indulgence, meaning, when i want to pig out and stuff breads in my mouth with just plain coffee while i watch tv. No palaman just plain monay. After reading the ebook for 3 times, you will be able to learn more of the techniques and procedures. I am happy for you. Hi Sher, OMG, almost perfect on the first try ! Thank you! I read your ebooks (twice) over the long weekend and tried to absorb as much as I can. Although I encountered some of the concepts in my research your ebooks were amazingly informative. I read about the idea of poolish and biga before but was not paying attention to them because all the recipes I found for pandesal did not use them. When you advised that I make a sponge overnight and menti...







Comments